How do I sign up for a free account?
Fill in the information on the registration page and a confirmation email will be sent to your registered e-mail address. You will get access to a free account after activation. Free accounts are authorized to check both China and the world’s weekly top 1,000 apps rankings and growth rate rankings.
How do I apply for a paid account?
For more data indices and data from more countries and regions, you can apply for an account upgrade. Click“”on the “Product” page or click on your username in the upper right corner, and choose “Authorization Upgrade” under “User Account.”
Complete the application form and specialized personnel will assist you. Paid accounts will provide the corresponding number of seat holders, countries and service time based on your needs.
What kind of data indices are offered to paid accounts?
Paid accounts are authorized to view all of the data indices on Cheetah Data. However, based on different needs, the number of countries, seat holders and usage time will vary.
|Index||Active Penetration Rate||Active Growth Rate||Install Penetration Rate||Install Growth Rate||Overlap Rate||Retention Rate||Opens per User||Brands Distribution||Models Distribution||Screen Size||Screen Resolution||User Intelligence||Download Data|
What should I do if I don't receive the conformation e-mail?
The e-mail may have been delivered to your trash folder. Please check there first. If not, please send your registered e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will check it and open an account for you.
What should I do if my account logs out automatically?
The reason for this could be that your account has been inactive for too long. Please log in again. Also, your account may be logged in on another device. Please log in and check for account safety.
What should I do if the page is taking too long to load?
We recommend changing browsers. You can try Chrome, Firefox or others to avoid incompatibility problems.
How do I change my password?
Click “Username” in the upper right corner and select “Change Password.”
Data source for Cheetah Data
Cheetah Data utilizes data from dozens of Cheetah Mobile's products in the global Android market, including Clean Master, CM Browser, CM security, PhotoGrid, and Battery Doctor, among others. Cheetah Mobile has nearly 600 million monthly active users worldwide.
Data update time for Cheetah Data
Daily active data from two days previous is updated every day. Weekly active data from the previous week is updated every Wednesday.
Instructions for Cheetah Data index:
1.Active Penetration Rate: app active users divided by the total number of active users within a given period.
e.g. Weekly Active Penetration Rate for a certain app in Chinese market: weekly active penetration rate is calculated by dividing an app's weekly active users by the total weekly active users in the Chinese market. It could be considered as the app’s market share in the Chinese Android market.
2. Install Penetration Rate = app new installs divided by the total new installs in given range.
e.g. Weekly Install Penetration Rate for a certain app in Chinese market: weekly install users for the app in China divided by the total weekly install users in China.
3. Active User Retention Rate：Users that continue to use the app after 1/3/7/14/30 days since starting the app are seen as active retention users. Active retention users divided by the newly increased users in this period equals Active User Retention Rate. Active User Retention Rate could indicate user engagement of a particular product.
e.g. If there are 100 new users for a certain app during this period, and 60 of them continue to use the app on the next day, then the “Next Day Active User Retention Rate” for the app is 60% [(60/100)*100%].
4. Install Retention Rate: Users that continue to use the app after 1/3/7/14/30 days since installing are seen as install retention users. Install retention users divided by new install users in this period equals Install Retention Rate. Install Retention Rate could indicate the quality of the product and its users.
e.g. If there are 100 new install users for a certain app during this period, and 80 of them keep (instead of uninstalling) the app on the next day, then the “Next Day Install Retention Rate” for the app is 80% [(80/100)*100%].
5. Overlap Ratio: Active users of both app A and B divided by active users of app A equals B’s overlap ratio against A, and vice versa. Overlap Ratio could to some extent reflect the similarity between two apps’ users.
e.g. Active users of app A is 100, and 20 of them also use app B, then B’s overlap ratio against A is 20%[20/100）*100].
6. Active Growth Rate: The difference between active users of an app for this period and the previous period divided by active users of an app for the previous period.
7. Install Growth Rate: The difference between install users of an app for this period and the previous period divided by install users of an app for the previous period.
8. Opens Per User: The total number of open times for an app within a period divided by the number of active users for the app within the period.
e.g: There are 500,000 active users this week, and the app is opened a total of 1 million times during this time, then the weekly opens per user for the app is 2 (100/50).
Why can’t I find certain apps on Cheetah Data?
The following types of apps are not shown on Cheetah Data:
1. Apps developed by Cheetah Mobile.
2. Android system apps.
3. Apps with weekly active penetration rate lower than 0.0001%
Why can some apps be found on Cheetah Data, but are not listed in Cheetah Data’s rankings?
Cheetah Data’s rankings exclude app stores, input method apps and apps with users fewer than a certain number.
How can I cooperate with Cheetah Data?
Cheetah Data works with world-class market research corporations, providing diversified data support and professional industry reports. Please contact us if you are interested in customized data service, reports or SDK access:
Customized data service : email@example.com
Customized reports: firstname.lastname@example.org
SDK access: email@example.com